The Healing Place (THP) is a nationally recognized addiction recovery center in Louisville, Kentucky. Since its foundation in 1989, THP has grown into one of the nation’s most effective, long-term social model recovery programs.
In 2015, the community’s need for addiction recovery services had far outpaced THP's capacity to accommodate potential program participants. THP was having to turn away hundreds of people in need of addiction recovery services every month.
So in early 2016, THP set out to identify and secure new resources to provide more beds, more detox services, and more ongoing recovery programming for more members of our community battling addiction.
While THP worked to expand their facilities, we stepped in to help them tell their story.
To announce the news of THP's expansion and fundraising efforts in a highly memorable way, Vimarc developed and produced a special press conference and community event called, "Project Demolition: Breaking Down the Walls to Recovery."
The list of invitees included:
- Regional media outlets
- Community leaders – including elected officials from Louisville Metro Government, representatives from LMPD, community progress/advancement groups, and others
- THP program alumni and THP clients who were in recovery programs at the time of the event
- Past, present, and future THP donors
- THP staff, leadership, and other stakeholders
see the work
In addition to an overwhelmingly large turnout by members of the media and various stakeholder groups, Project Demolition was a success because it physically brought together members of the community of people fighting addiction in our city, and because it helped promote a greater, more sincere sense of Hope for the future of the THP enterprise.
Project Demolition delivered Hope for individuals struggling with addiction with nowhere to turn; Hope for those who have achieved sobriety and need program resources to stay clean; and Hope for all the members of a community heavily burdened by drug and alcohol addiction.
- 98.3 WFPL — “The Healing Place Breaks Ground on $29 Million Expansion”
- WBTV — “Heroin epidemic forcing expansion of addiction recovery center”
- WHAS11 — “The Healing Place announces $29M expansion”
- WLKY — “Healing Place rehabilitation center is expanding”
- WDRB — “$29M expansion to The Healing Place to help fight Louisville’s heroin epidemic”
- LouisvilleKY.com — “Louisville’s Healing Place Announces New Construction”
- Insider Louisville — “The Healing Place to nearly double capacity for men in 24 months”