Passport Health Plan officially broke ground on the site of its new Health and Well-Being Campus on March 14, 2018, at the intersection of West Broadway and 18th Street in Downtown Louisville. The groundbreaking signified two major impacts of the community:
- $100 million investment in West Louisville that is the first in a number of decades
- A new and innovative change in the delivery of healthcare
The structure will be a 337,000-foot campus of three connected buildings to include Passport offices and:
- Passport member services that will welcome walk-ins from the community
- A cafeteria featuring healthy food options open to the public at a reduced meal cost
- The University of Louisville Office of Community Engagement
- The University of Louisville School of Public Health and Information Sciences federally funded Youth Violence Prevention Research Center to work on preventing youth violence, and also create a master’s program on community development
- Gilda’s Club, to provide social and emotional support for people and families living with cancer, under the leadership of President/CEO Karen Morrison
- Hosparus Health, to provide hospice and home palliative care as well as grief counseling
The program included remarks from Metro Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer, the Rev. Dr. Kevin Cosby, Metro Councilwoman Barbara Sexton Smith, and Passport CEO Mark Carter.
Passport unveiled the “Faces of Passport” mosaic that was created out of more than 1,500 selfies that were posted on social media. The mosaic – which uses an iconic portrait from Legendary Louisville photographer Bud Dorsey – will hang in the lobby of the new headquarters building once construction is complete for all to view. Until then, it will be displayed for viewing at the current Passport offices.
Also part of the groundbreaking celebration was a video crafted by architects and planners at Arrasmith, Judd, Rapp, Chovan, Inc., which demonstrates how the headquarters building may appear in downtown Louisville. Please note that these are all conceptual renderings and are subject to change.
Vimarc is proud to be a long-term partner with Passport Health Plan as our client pioneers the way healthcare is delivered by taking it into the heart of the community it serves. We appreciated the opportunity to contribute through traditional and digital media promotions.
Vimarc ran a series of Facebook, Instagram and Spotify ads to help collect mosaic selfies, as well generate excitement and interest in the groundbreaking event.