Vimarc is a full-service advertising and marketing agency that’s made up of an interesting mix of people who are creative-types, organized-types, and strategic-types. That’s what we do have. What we don’t have is a numbers-type.
In this vital role, the Vimarc accounting manager will make the financial side of our business match the high standards of the client service and creative side of our work. If you’re a confident, dependable, meticulous, polished professional who can run our accounting department, as well as be a financial, billing, and our human resources, you’re exactly what we’re looking for.
- Generates media and production invoices.
- Acts as liaison with account services to manage monthly client invoicing.
- As invoices are issued, tracks the amounts billed to date each month, by revenue stream, providing early warning to management when additional billings or an early close of the month will be needed.
- Produces accounts receivable aged listing for review
- Manages all accounts payable activities.
- Manages all banking transactions.
- Provides a monthly report of overhead costs to management.
- Authorizes purchase orders (POs) for any purchase not related to billable work, keeps track of these POs in sequence for later matching to supplier invoices.
- Receives supplier invoices related to non-billable work and/or supplies, matches them to PO issued by accounting director, and submits for accounting director approval.
- Monitors how much client has paid agency versus how much has been paid to related suppliers, to minimize cash flow problems.
- With assistance of media, provides complete and accurate media accruals list at close of each month.
- Ensures all timesheets are entered, and any variances of hours worked by staff for payroll purposes are up to date. Calculates amounts for staff on hourly rates.
- Ensures proper calculation of and timely remittance to federal and state (provincial) government bodies for income and corporate taxes, employee tax deductions, and all other payroll deductions.
- Processes and manages payroll with outside vendor.
- Manages administration of all benefits.
- Recommends any visible opportunities for agency as they arise
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years in an Accounting role
- Accounting degree or degree in a related field
- Understanding of Advantage software, or similar advertising agency management tools is a plus but not required